Event promotion is using different online marketing strategies to spread the word about an upcoming event or product release. You can communicate your brand news and increase awareness using free SendPulse tools, such as a landing page builder, email service, web push service, chatbot builder, etc.
In this article, you'll find out why promoting an event is vital for your company and get inspired by easy-to-use ideas and effective examples.
Why is event promotion important?
Launching an event is a new step in business development since it allows companies to build new partnerships and generate leads. Although, running an event doesn't guarantee to reach your goals without a well-thought promotional strategy.
First and foremost, promoting your upcoming event or product release empowers you to build brand awareness and recognition. If you're a new player in the field, you need to establish trust and let your potential customer know you. Once they have a problem your product can solve, your brand's name will be the first to appear in their minds. The more you invest in your event promotion, the larger audiences you will be able to reach.
Secondly, a carefully planned event promotion campaign lets you get more conversions. Advertising it in the search engine, social media, your partner's website, email campaigns, and other channels increases the number of registrations and attendees, especially if you conduct several campaigns during specified time periods.
Finally, communicating your message about the upcoming event is a great chance to build and maintain relationships with potential customers because it's another touchpoint in your interaction with the audience. With SendPulse email campaigns, you can inform your subscribers about the event for free without any technical skills.
In the next section, we'll share the effective methods that will help you generate interest and create buzz around your brand. Stay tuned!
10 Event Promotion Ideas
If you haven't decided which channels to use to promote your event, check out our ideas below to choose the best options for your business.
- Send email campaigns. Email remains one of the most effective and cheap ways to tell subscribers about your event. What is great about email marketing is that you can segment your mailing list based on users’ gender, age, country, preferences, etc. With the SendPulse email service, you can design a unique email template or choose a ready-made one and edit it to your liking. In addition, you can personalize and segment your campaign for better performance. If your mailing list has up to 500 emails, you can send email campaigns for free.
- Design a landing page. It is a perfect way to promote your event, drive traffic, answer users’ questions, and convert leads. You can share all the vital data about your event on a landing page, show photos from previous events, provide FAQs, list the speakers involved, encourage visitors to join your community on social media, and let them book a seat. You don’t need to hire a developer to create a beautiful landing page because SendPulse offers a visual drag-and-drop page editor which requires no coding skills. You can craft a landing page or page for your social media bio from scratch or use a pre-designed template. Add multichannel subscription forms, payment gateways, social media buttons, and online chats.
- Collaborate with an influencer. People trust opinion leaders more than brands. If you can’t afford to partner with a big influencer, cooperate with a micro-influencer. They may even have a better reputation because people believe that many big and established influencers advertise only those companies that pay them more. So, research your audience and the opinion leaders they follow and offer them to try your product and promote your event if they’re truly interested in it.
- Consider paid advertising. If your event is very soon, you’ll need to immediately create some buzz around your brand, so paid social media advertising is your best friend. You can make the process less stressful and expensive if you have already promoted your previous events on socials. Analyze your past experience. Check out the channels that brought you the most attendees and focus on them. Moreover, based on your experience, you can create look-alike audiences to target users interested in your event. The more you filter your potential leads, the more attendees you’re likely to bring in. In addition, you’ll pay less since Facebook appreciates brands providing relevant ads to the right audiences.
- Try retargeting. It’s an excellent tool since it allows you to convert warm leads into buyers. Retargeting helps you remind users who visited your website about your product on a search engine and social media. Write a nice copy and a clear CTA to encourage people to attend your event.
- Offer early bird access. It motivates people to buy immediately because of the fear of missing out on a good bargain. Very often, companies offer an early-bird registration sometime before the launch. It usually provides a significant discount. To drive more registrations, you can add a countdown on your landing page and send several email campaigns reminding users about this option. Besides, this strategy will help you find out the demand and decide on the following tactics and strategies.
- Produce much content. Content is a way to demonstrate how people will benefit from attending your event. With the help of different formats, you can demonstrate the expertise of your speakers, set expectations for attendees, share materials from previous events, etc. This way, you will nurture your potential attendees with high-quality content that can dispel their doubts. Produce videos, demos, and podcasts to discuss the topic of your upcoming event. Write social media posts to create some buzz. Cover the value of the event in blog posts and case studies. You can share your content via email campaigns, chatbots, web push notifications, and landing pages.
- Use an event hashtag. It’s another way to make people talk about it and join your community. Create a hashtag long before the event to encourage more participants. Post on social media using this hashtag. Make sure nobody has already used it before. Users will be updated on your news and offers. Event attendees will use this hashtag during and after the event to post photos and share their feedback. All the materials published using your hashtag can be used as user-generated content. You can boost event attendees and sales with this simple tool. Promote it via emails, event landing page, and other resources.
- Share some behind-the-scenes. There is a lot of work behind the organization of the event. Things can’t go smoothly without any fuckups. People appreciate brands sharing not only their success stories but their failures as well. Record videos or reels to show people participating in the event organization, talk about challenges and show how your team gets ready. This way, people feel a part of a big family and become involved in launching an event. The more they’re interested and engaged, the more registrations you will have.
- Run a contest or conduct a giveaway. People love competition and freebies, and you should act on this. Content and giveaways allow brands to make people talk about it. Increase traffic and engagement, boost sales. Let some people win free tickets to attend your event. You can give them for free or offer your audience to participate in the organization. Encourage them to like, share and repost your post and stories on social media. This way, you’ll blow up your recognition and awareness.
Now that you know how to promote your event effectively, get inspired by the campaigns of popular brands.
Examples of Event Promotion
In this section, you’ll see how brands encourage people to attend events using the ideas described in the previous section. You can easily bring them to life with SendPulse promotional tools.
Event organizers incentivize people to buy tickets immediately because the price will go up soon. Subscribers know how much it will cost, so they realize the value of this early bird access. What is good, they can register for the event right from the email by clicking the link.
Look below at how LearnWorlds promotes its webinar. They inform why a subscriber should attend it and inform about the speakers. So, people have an idea about a webinar and can register.
The last event invitation is sent via a web push notification. Organizers encourage recipients to visit a live performance on KEXP radio. Check out how this promotional message looks on different browsers.
Push notification is a great way to remind users about your upcoming event. With SendPulse, you can send push notifications to 10,000 subscribers each month for free.
Congrats, now you know how to promote your event via different channels and various content formats. Make use of SendPulse tools to keep your subscribers informed!
Last Updated: 28.03.2023
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google