An email subscriber is an internet user who permits a particular brand to send regular emails to them. When users voluntarily subscribe to receive email newsletters, they launch what ideally grows into mutually beneficial relationships.
In this video, you'll discover some high-performing strategies to grow your email list.
Why are email subscribers important?
- They form an engaged audience
- They are your potential customers and brand advocates
- They provide you with lots of insightful information
- They form an engaged audience. In email marketing, a subscription narrows the audience and extends the opportunities for dealing with committed people. They willingly share their email addresses in exchange for something they find worth subscribing like exclusive offers and discounts, valuable materials and news, assistance in making a choice, etc.
- They are your potential customers and brand advocates. Companies gather subscribers to put their product or service in front of people. If the quality is high and the prices are reasonable, subscribers naturally become customers. With the correct strategy and customer retention, some of them may buy more than once, turning into zealous brand advocates.
- They provide you with lots of insightful information. During the subscription, you can ask for more than an email address: person’s name, country, gender, age, and phone number to send SMS alongside emails. On this basis, you can create personalized and segmented email promotions, birthday marketing campaigns, newsletters, etc.
You should know that a free-will subscription is not a question of the choice for companies. The anti-spam laws oblige them to opt-in users, meaning that sending emails to those who never subscribed is illegal and may cause penalties and harm the sender's reputation.
How to Get Email Subscribers
- Create a subscription form
- Motivate to subscribe
- Set up double opt-in
- Smooth out the subscription process
- Set the right expectations
- Create a subscription form. When users like your website, they might consider subscribing to your content and updates, and having a subscription form always at hand can make it easier for them. With SendPulse, you can create a multichannel subscription form adding links to your messengers.
- Motivate to subscribe. It is almost the same as a subscription form but supplied with a rewarding reason to subscribe. It could be a free e-book or guide, a month free trial, or whatever your future subscribers may find curious and worth subscribing to. Add an active call to action and support it with an image that illustrates the benefit.
- Set up double opt-in. Using a double opt-in method ensures your audience consists of people who are genuinely interested in hearing from you. It takes two steps: firstly, you ask for an email address, and secondly, you send a confirmation email at this email address to check if you communicate with a real person.
- Smooth out the subscription process. Let users subscribe in a couple of clicks and make sure it is easy to type in the email address. Don’t use CAPTCHA, because the users don’t have time for that. Double opt-in is enough.
- Set the right expectations. Tell your subscribers what to expect: a newsletter twice a month or daily promotions and offers? You can go further and give people control over their subscription, enabling them to change the frequency of the emails and decide upon the content they like to get to the inbox.
When subscribers confirm they are in, transfer them to a thank you page to say how glad you are to have them and promise to do your best to be helpful and more and more value.
- The article offers ten practical ways to get more email subscribers.
- OptinMonster shares lifehacks oh how to grow your mailing list quickly.
- Here you'll get to know eight tips to get more email subscribers by increasing conversions.
💙 Can SendPulse help me get new subscribers?
Sure. SendPulse provides free double opt-in subscription forms. These ensure that your mailing list will only consist of active email addresses. As a result, you will have high email deliverability rates and a good sender reputation. Register with SendPulse, generate subscribers, and send up to 15,000 emails to up to 500 recipients at no charge.
💤 How do I clean up my subscriber list?
Identify subscribers who have been inactive for the last three months, and send them a reactivation email campaign with SendPulse. Some users will respond and become active again, but you should remove the rest from your mailing list. Repeat this process once a quarter to keep a good sender reputation. Check out five more strategies for mailing list cleaning.
🤔 What is an email subscriber value
It’s the average revenue brought to your business with each new subscriber. Only a small group of subscribers bring you money, which makes this metric an approximation. To identify email subscriber value more precisely, find out in which way and how often your subscribers convert into customers.
🌱 What is a reasonable growth rate for my email subscriber list?
It depends on how you design your subscription forms. Balance the number of fields in your subscription forms because including too many fields slows the subscription process down. One email address field won’t give you much data about new subscribers. Make your forms look appealing and put them on pages with lots of visitors. If you need rapid growth, hold giveaways on socials, but it returns tons of subscribers who joined you only for a freebie. Rather focus on boosting genuine engagement with users because it’s the key to an adequate growth rate.
⚙️ How can I send an automated welcome email to new subscribers?
It’s easy. Register with SendPulse, set up an event in Automation 360, and create an email workflow. Using SendPulse, you can send up to 15,000 free automated emails, including welcome, abandoned cart, and confirmation emails, to up to 500 subscribers monthly.
Last Updated: 22.03.2023
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google