A subscriber is a person who chose to opt-in to your mailing list.
Marketers strongly recommend compiling your subscribers' list by asking their permission for it. Otherwise, such mailings are considered to be spam. When people receive mail, they have not opted in for, the chances are that they will mark it as spam. Many spam complaints will contribute badly to your IP address's reputation among popular web clients. Apart from this, you risk being reported to anti-spam organizations like SpamCop or Spamhouse.
If you ask people to opt-in for your commercial mailings, your list will be comprised of subscribers who expect to see your mail and are interested in receiving it. You can bounce from there to build lead nurturing campaigns and customer loyalty programs, to turn them into your loyal leads.
This video by the Deep End uncovers tips and tactics on how to build an email list fast.
Ways to subscribe
- An opt-in form on the homepage of your website
- A pop-up window with a subscription form on your website
- Offer a bonus or a discount in exchange for a subscription
- Place a subscription form on your social media page
Once you have your subscriber list, it is recommended to segment subscribers.
- Age and gender
- Geographical location and time zone
- New subscribers/active buyers
- People who abandoned the shopping cart without going through with the purchase
The usage of subscriber insights
- send personalized emails;
- make relevant offers;
- choose the right time to send emails; and
- launch triggered email campaigns.
With a smart email marketing strategy and minimum costs, you can turn your subscribers into regular customers.
- The article "10 Effective Ways to Get More Email List Subscribers" on Neil Patel blog provides tips to grow your email list fast.
- The article "How to Get 128 New Email Subscribers Per Day" on Neil Patel blog offers a great choice of tips and techniques on how to collect email subscribers.
- The article "8 Effective Tips to Get More Email Subscribers by Increasing Conversions" on Crazy Egg blog gives insights into the ways to get email subscribers.
Last Updated: 13.02.2020
Sign up withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Google